Global Data Strategy, Ltd. is looking for a senior data warehousing (DW) and business intelligence (BI) consultant to take an active role in the Digital Transformation of a large financial services organization in the AsiaPac region. This consultant would support the migration from a legacy DW environment to a new cloud-based environment, as well as the expansion into new business areas. The ideal candidate will have a strong combination of technical skills, combined with the interpersonal skills required to work effectively with key technical and non-technical stakeholders in a multi-cultural environment. This is a unique opportunity to work for within a fast-paced, boutique international data consultancy as part of a strategic digital transformation project.
- Data warehousing design & implementation (3NF, Star Schema) – 5-8 years of experience
- Experience with relational databases (MS SQL Server, Oracle, etc.) – 5-8 years of experience
- Azure Modern Data Warehouse experience: Azure Data Factory (ADF), Azure Data Bricks, Synapse Analytics, Azure Data Lake Gen 2, Azure Devops
- Data integration and ETL/ELT
- Data modeling (conceptual, logical, physical, dimensional/relational)
- BI Report & Cube Development (PowerBI, Cognos, Tableau)
- Data Warehouse Documentation & Requirements Analysis
- Data Governance and/or Data Catalog implementation & best practice experience (preferred)
- Must be an enthusiastic, self-motivated, team player in an evolving, dynamic environment
- Experience conducting requirements analysis, meeting with business owners, and performing current state system analysis
- Experience with financial services, government, nonprofit, and/or infrastructure projects a plus
- Ability to manage own time effectively, work with key stakeholders, and provide ongoing deliverables with minimal supervision
- Strong communication skills (written & spoken)
- Solution-oriented, with the imagination to identify work-arounds for critical problems.
- Positive, ‘can-do’ attitude.
Asia Pacific home-office based. Preference for Australia, Philippines, or Singapore. Travel required when pandemic conditions lift (timing and amount TBD).
To apply, please send Resume/CV to Talent@globaldatastrategy.com