Global Data Strategy, Ltd. is looking for a senior data warehousing (DW) and business intelligence (BI) consultant to take an active role in the Digital Transformation of a large financial services organization in the AsiaPac region. This consultant would support the migration from a legacy DW environment to a new cloud-based environment, as well as the expansion into new business areas. The ideal candidate will have a strong combination of technical skills, combined with the interpersonal skills required to work effectively with key technical and non-technical stakeholders in a multi-cultural environment. This is a unique opportunity to work for within a fast-paced, boutique international data consultancy as part of a strategic digital transformation project.
- Data warehousing design & implementation (3NF, Star Schema) – 5-8 years of experience
- Experience with relational databases (MS SQL Server, Oracle, etc.) – 5-8 years of experience
- Azure Modern Data Warehouse experience: Azure Data Factory (ADF), Azure Data Bricks, Synapse Analytics, Azure Data Lake Gen 2, Azure Devops
- Data integration and ETL/ELT
- Data modeling (conceptual, logical, physical, dimensional/relational)
- BI Report & Cube Development (PowerBI, Cognos, Tableau)
- Data Warehouse Documentation & Requirements Analysis
- Data Governance and/or Data Catalog implementation & best practice experience (preferred)
- Must be an enthusiastic, self-motivated, team player in an evolving, dynamic environment
- Experience conducting requirements analysis, meeting with business owners, and performing current state system analysis
- Experience with financial services, government, nonprofit, and/or infrastructure projects a plus
- Ability to manage own time effectively, work with key stakeholders, and provide ongoing deliverables with minimal supervision
- Strong communication skills (written & spoken)
- Solution-oriented, with the imagination to identify work-arounds for critical problems.
- Positive, ‘can-do’ attitude.
US Home-office based (location within the US is flexible). Travel required when pandemic conditions lift (timing and amount TBD). Evening work will be required to accommodate for time zone differences when not travelling.
To apply, please send Resume/CV to Talent@globaldatastrategy.com